Sunday, June 22, 2008

From www.themuletrader.com..

Some of you may be familiar with The Mule Trader. It is a weekly publication out of Clanton, Alabama. It is chock full of items for sale, from used tires and mattresses to old school buses. However, my favorite section is the animals for sale. If you are looking for a pet, forget those high prices at Pet Smart and other pet stores. Come to the country and get your pet directly from the source. From Bearded Dragons, to Jersey milking cows, the mule trader has it. Sometimes, you even run across an ad for someone looking for a particular animal, such as this one:

WANTED: TWO COONS, mean or not, will pay $5 each. 205-276-8119

Now suppose I had just trapped a couple of coons that were getting into my garbage, and I wanted to turn them into pets, but they happened to be particularly fearsome. While contemplating what I should do with my little furry friends, I happened to read the Mule Trade and saw the above ad. Well I would have just made myself $10 dollars! I'm sure the little fellows would be going to a good home.

No comments: